In Week 4 of our New Year’s Content Boot Camp, we talk to Matt Landau about how to master a content strategy for your vacation rental and the best methods for sharing the content you’ve created.
We talked about why a solid email list is a vacation rental owner’s best friend, how to change spectators into subscribers using social media, and ways to get your rental in front of a new audience for pennies a day on Facebook.
Want even more great content? Attend the rest of our future webinars and (optionally!) have us critique your own content. Head on over to the Webinar Friday page to sign up!
Say It Loud: Sharing Your Content with Matt Landau
This webinar comes in at around 69 minutes. Yep, it’s a long one, but Matt has such great advice and ideas that we simply couldn’t shrink it!
To help you navigate to the specific parts that interest you, here’s a content list with the minute marker for each:
(video is at the end of the minute markers)
– Webinar intro: how it works
– Matt Landau intro (including his fence jumping accident…)
05:46: Generating Organic Traffic
– What’s the point of a website if you can’t generate organic traffic?
– Matt’s concept of “Landmarking”
– Listing Site Independence Framework
– Content is simply advice!
– Help don’t sell is for 80% of your guests. So do it efficiently.
17:10: Setting The Context
– The 80/20 rule with cupcakes!
– Sustainable owners and managers focus on the habits necessary to reach their goals
– Make saving time the 1st phase/goal of your website content strategy
– Make credibility the 2nd phase/goal of your website content strategy
– Your potential guest is a SSSclient (no that’s not a typo!)
28:54: Sharing on Social Media
– Commit to learning about the different platforms even if you hate social media!
– A brief look at Facebook targeting
– Twitter is sometimes like talking to your coffee cup!
– Cupcakes again 🙂
– Commit to a habit but don’t freak out about social media!
– Social media can be your landmark
46:38: Sharing With Your Email List
– The subscriber in SSSclient
– Email marketing is the best $ for $ investment
– The email list as your rolodex
– Formal or casual in your email marketing tone/style?
– Push people to your website? Or keep them in the email?
58:57: Sharing by Partnering
– Focus on the substance your own work
– Partners will come organically in time
64:04: Success Stories
– Property Manager Florin Nemes
– Owner Rick Oster
67:38: Closing comments
To attend future webinars, please sign up via the webinar sign up page.
Each week we try to reserve at least half of the webinar for Q&A. We have fun fielding your challenging vacation rental marketing questions and giving (what we hope are) sensible/constructive answers on the spot!